My passions include travel; exploring the world and finding new things to do is a driving force in my life. I also enjoy scuba diving, cooking, science fiction, classical history, and video games.
The Vitality Depot September (2015 – Present)
Digital Content Developer
- Create and Manage Content Including: BLOG, Product Descriptions, and Social Channels
- Design Digital Content including website banners, trade show displays and web banners
I am developing skills in visual design using the adobe suite while maintaining a strong written communication body; Composing articles ranging from educational to promotional. I rewrote over 1000 product descriptions for the company’s eCommerce platform as well as contributing significantly to UI design.
Cineplex LP September (2007 – December 2014)
- Several leadership roles including: Team leader, cash manager, assistant manager, & theater manager
- Variety of responsibilities in a complex and dynamic environment
- My role has helped develop my skills in marketing, budgeting, and project management
Responsible for daily running of theater including: managing the team, payroll, guest services, merchandising, marketing, and daily compliance. On a daily basis I was responsible for leading a team of up to 80 people and helping run a building that in peak season can serve upwards of 5000 guests. There was a strong emphasis on team work, organization, time management and interpersonal skills in order to ensure the building is run with maximum efficiency while providing excellent guest service.
I understand sales techniques and goals, the importance of proper merchandising, client relations, and managing metrics to keep our building on budget and achieving its projected results for the year. I increased sales of promoted combos 30% as well as implemented new cleaning regime to increase food safety compliance. I also monitored food costs and indicated a new tools to lower them. The new measures decreased our food costs by 2% over the 3 months.
OpenText March (2012 – August 2012 )
Project Manager, Co-op
- Worked as part of a Cross functional team
- Our research informed the guiding principles for how enterprises will experience Open Text’s mobile application management
Researched innovation and user experience for a project in conjunction with the University of Waterloo’s Masters of Digital Experience Innovation program. Enforce project management experience, organizational skills, and communication skills.
De Beers Canada January (2007 – April 2007 )
Corporate & Company Affairs Co-op
- Organized the promotional booth at an annual industry conference: PDAC 2007
- I monitored and logged media releases concerning the company.
- I contributed to composition and editing of the external and internal company newsletters.
The Corporate and Company Affairs department act as public relations for the company’s Canadian division. My work helped me understand the role of media relations and the complicated nature of managing an international brand locally. Working with De Beers I developed my communication and editing skills.
- Content Management Skills
- Exceptional Written & Oral Communication
- Experienced Customer Service Skills
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe
- Project Management
- SEO Optimization
- Managing Social Media
- Digital Media Creation
- Effective Relationship building
- Problem Solving
- Organizational Skills
- Able to work well in cross functional teams
University of Waterloo, Stratford Ontario (September 2011-October 2012)
Masters of Digital Experience Innovation, MDEI
University of Waterloo, Waterloo Ontario (September 2005 –June 2011)
Joint Honours Classical Studies/Archaeology and Ancient History Spec. & Joint Honours Anthropology, B.A.
DVSGaming.org (April 2016 – Present)
Regularly contribute to DVS gaming as a writer. My contributions include video game reviews, editorials, and news pieces.
Headshots from the Heart (May 2012/May 2013)
Social Media Coordinator
- Helped organize a project which raised over $5000 in 2013 alone
- Coordinated the social media campaign for the event and hosted part of the live webcast
Helped organised and host a 24 hour Borderlands 2 Marathon to raise money for Child’s Play, a charity for sick children. The event included a live web cast, auctions and hosted LAN events to raise money and awareness through social media.
Hygiene Video for Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance June 2012
Video Production & Coordinator
Directing, filming and editing a PSA for the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance in Stratford Ontario. I worked with hospital staff to design and stage the video that was used to demonstrate the importance of hand hygiene.